HSTA Shout Outs
HSTA Shout Outs are a way to acknowledge the great work of our students and graduates. Read about their accomplishments below.
McDowell County Student: Abby Blevins
Congratulations to Abigail Blevins, River View HSTA student for being chosen to present and record her symposium project to be used to promote HSTA with the National Institute of Health. Abby has worked diligently on her project. She is a HSTA rock star!
McDowell Student meets U.S. Vice President
Mountain View HSTA student, Madison Hairston was chosen to represent her school in a zoom meeting with the Vice President. What an honor!!! Congratulations!!
Madison Hairston said, "Today I had the pleasure of joining a Zoom meeting with Vice President Kamala Harris. I am so proud to represent Mount View’s Class of '21!"
Working the Front Lines
We offer a sincere thank you to the following individuals for working on the front lines during the COVID-19 global pandemic. We are proud of them and all they have accomplished! #HSTAstrong
- Ohio-Marshall HSTA Grad, Alex Freshwater, who is working as a Mail Carrier at USPS. Nothing stops the Post Office.
- Ohio-Marshall HSTA Grad, Chelsea Manning, who is working as an OR Nurse doing emergent surgeries at WVU Medicine/Ruby Memorial Hospital.
- Ohio-Marshall HSTA Grad, Heather Timmins, who is working as a Correctional Officer at Northern Regional Jail and Correctional Center, Moundsville.
- Ohio-Marshall HSTA Grad, Holly Beck, who is working as a Medical Technologist in the Laboratory at Wheeling Hospital.
- Ohio-Marshall HSTA Grad Jasmin Calcote, who is working as a Psychologist at River Valley Associates Psychology, Counseling and Consulting Services working with children, adolescents and adults.
- Ohio-Marshall Current HSTA Senior at John Marshall, Madison Galloway, who recently passed her CNA. Madison is working as a CNA at Good Shepherd Nursing Home.